Friday, November 2, 2007

Cozy Friday

So crazy...whereas yesterday morning, before we got out and met our friends, just being here was torturous and bad, today there couldn't be a cozier, sweeter home filled with mild and kind little children on this world. Even Kitty is sweet and cozy today.

We read some stories, the kids did their sizable chore lists without as much as a huff or puff, we had a nice little lunch with Daddy, Charlie took his nap, Casey helped me hang clothes out to dry, Greta and Mickey are working on a big story together at the school table, the leaves are sparkling as they tumble down in the wind.....maybe the name of this blog should be the schizophrenic/multiple personality homeschool.

But that's just it. Life is ever changing. We have seasons of our lives and they have nothing to do with the calendar. Sometimes we even have seasons of our weeks, I know we do here at MapleLawn Home Academy. All of our activities have this thing where at the end of the month, there is a week or two off and there hasn't been Girl Scouts, Campfire, Waldorf Co-Op since the middle of October, it seems. So things have felt a little "off", but I don't mind one bit. I just started a new job, one that keeps me away from the family quite a bit, and it was perfect timing for all of this to happen when it did.

Two afternoons, we went on outings at around 3:30, after Charlie's nap. We went on a far walk to a park, and just played and played, when suddenly, thank goodness, Mickey, the keeper of the time, the wearer of the waterproof (to 160 feet!) digital watch, randomly proclaimed "It is 4:58" I was like "We have to go, guys!! We have to go home, I have to be to work at 6!!!!"

I am not used to this at all! What does 3:30 have to do with my job, which I think of as my "night job"? Apparently budgeting for time will have to start around lunchtime! Sheesh!

I made it to work at 6 on the dot, but missed out on supper. Thankfully it was Monday night and the people who are there Monday night bring in lots of treats, so I got vegetables and chips and salsa and donuts. A lovely dinner, haha.

So we are really enjoying today. Just being in our sunny home. I work tonight at 7 so I think I will go hang out with the kids and see how their project is coming along before Charlie wakes up. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Hmmm, if you ever figure out how to calm the "schizophrenic, crazy, manic homeschool" thing, let me know. I'd LOVE to be able to have peaceful days in which the kids GET ALONG and are nice and obedient, and learning things that I can outwardly see. Instead I'm just coming off of four weeks of utter insanity, I'm sicker than a dog, and my kids are going nuts! It's times like this that make me wonder why the heck I'm homeschooling. But then, I'm sure a day like your's will come along, and I'll remember all the reasons again.

Thanks for giving me some hope. :)

kris said...

glad to hear things are still oging well w/ the new job:)