Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yes we are alive...

Homeschool is still love, and we are of course, still here! We have suffered some astonishing bouts of sickness as well as a 2 year old who is having a phase to say the least, and well, the excuses of why I haven't blogged could go on for a long time!

We are enjoying Campfire Scouts as well as spending lots of time with our fave family of friends....we haven't gone too many places, because that means I would have to drive Daddy to work to have the car, and Brrrrrr it is cold out there in the dark mornings.......but we are buying a 2nd vehicle soon and this will change our lives significantly, for obvious reasons. Our homeschool will have a new member this June and we will no longer fit in our minivan!

We are doing alot of house rearranging and this has gotten us to realize how many wonderful books we have and how we really do not need to go to the library,( even though we love libraries!) it is so hard right now with 2 year old Charlie's issues, and the slushy parking lots and just the whole ordeal of it-- we are delving into our own books, some seeing themselves becoming newly beloved by little Casey and Charlie, some "hard" books being discovered by Greta and Mickey...its nice.

The days are long and like everyone else with little ones, we are going a bit batty from this all. Normal February stuff, but hard nonetheless. We look forward with great great excitement to parks and museums and bike rides and Nature Centers and continued health and exploration. I hope everyone elses homeschool journeys have been more cozy than stressful, more loving than crabby and more fun than boring. I will be blogging much more in a few weeks when I am done working outside of the home and I get my camera recharged and new batteried!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Joy,
I'm glad you are still alive, and have made it through your winter. I look forward to reading your blog when you have more time, but I certainly understand about other commitments, especially the PHASES. Yikes! Sometimes those phases make me want to turn in my resignation. Anyway, good luck, and I look forward to more Joy soon. :)

Andrea said...

Glad to see a post from you. We too are about to go nuts with a toddler in February!

By the way, thanks for posting on my mostly neglected book blog a while back! I have another blog for my son that's unlisted. Since I'm always looking at your cute kids, here's mine:
spike-malcolm-dot-blogspot-dot-com. (Is it wise to write out "dot" for a website? I don't know.)

Again, glad you posted. I'm always checking to see what your fam is up to.

Andrea said...

Oh yeah, just to be clear -- the one dash actually in the web address is the one between "spike" and "malcolm". Sorry to be all confusing, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.:)