Thursday, February 8, 2007

slow wierd times


We are taking it one day at a time lately, because it seems so much is weird and I dont feel guilty, although I definitely will be glad and refreshed to see this "season" of our lives come to an end.

Our van is dead and we are locked in forever.

Our vacuum is dead and the floors are so nasty I have a lump in my throat to look at them (and shoes on my feet)

Our dryer is dead and laundry for this family of six has come to a standstill, which is NOT hot.

Our printer cartridge is out of ink so no more cutey worksheets from Enchanted Learning.

So we read books. We draw. We talk. We sing. We watch TV shows. We cook. We paint. We boardgame. The kids play their videogames. We make forts. We create. We lounge. We discuss. We do our own thing.

The days are loooooong. The baby is sick and wakes at 10 12 2 4 5 and 630... The temperature was 1 degree yesterday and so playing in the snow is out. Nobody calls me, but they havent for months, really. I could sleep all day but then at night I insist on watching TV with Steve just to feel like there was a stop-point in the nurserynurserynursery days/nights.

MONEY will fix the dryer the vacuum the printer and buy us a car. We will be out and about before I know it. So I try to appreciate the cozy hibernation. But its getting hard.

5 comments:

sneakmastergeneral said...

this comment doesn't really apply to this particular post...but..I am all excited about when my boy is bigger and I can start the homeschool fun...any ideas for what to do with a 2 year old? Weeee.

Housefairy said...

Read stories, play with toys together, paint pictures, talk about colors shapes letters numbers if he starts to get into that stuff...at this point (and always really) keeping your relationship happy and sloid is the best thing to do, then he will always love and trust you and there wont be any dividing line between learning from Mama being anything except what you always have done together!

sneakmastergeneral said...

Whew...good to hear that's what I'm already doing...today he finally put a shape into the shape sorter, repeatedly...before he just always put it in the top and ignored the shape slots..and he started building these intricate towers with foam blocks and arranging them in his special little order. Too bad my MIL is here and can't seem to let him do these things without trying to "teach"/force him to do it what she thinks is the "right" way...grrrr.

Housefairy said...

ooooh I could privately email you some sotries about that SYNDROME, trust me.

sneakmastergeneral said...

Please do...I'm trapped here alone with this woman right now and could use some stories =)