Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer updates

It has been a long time since I have written, and that is all fantastic. You see, I realyl and truly have begum this whole soul-searching/new lifestyle thing in deep earnest, and my daytime-freetime is GONE daddy, gone. Which is how I want it.

I want to TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS, like I used to. Not get through the day, not keep them alive, not get 'em outta my hair, not takin' a breather, not angry, not hectic, not bad. The amount of things we do now, as a five-some when Daddy is at work is mind boggling. By the time he comes home for lunch at 11am, we have had a full, full day! And I feel so, so good and proud again.

I will go days without making or receiving a phone call. I have gone days without blogging, emailing, or logging on to the internet whatsoever. I am busy! Seriously! This house cant run itself, and time is money and I am working so hard to conserve and parcel out both precious commodities. The children are already amazed that by just doing the right thing, and following somewhat of a schedule (in its beta-testing phases for fall) all of a sudden, BAM! Mama has time to play games with them, time to wact shows with them, time to come see things with them, dinner coooked and served at 5:10 pm, lunch eaten with daddy at 11:10 am, grocery stores with lists and menus, clean bedrooms, clean kitchen, happy pets, books on the shelves, cups in the cupboard (4 sippies, all clean and ice water-filled in the door of the fridge for bedtime--hasnt been the case since 2002 oh does any of this make sense to anyone or is this all private milestones for me???)

Dare I go on? Shoes not lost? Bathing suits and sunscreen not lost? WE HAVE A FIRST AID KIT THAT WE MADE AS A FAMILY!!!

We have also made a few important decisions regarding the 2007-2008 school year already. We will be using the literature-based curriculum Five In A Row for Casey, Mickey, and Greta in conjunction with advice and recommendations from the book called A Literary Education. Cost to us: $19 for the 5th grade level book. (we already own the little kid one and the medium kid one) Cheap, huh?

The other things still up in the air for us are how our home will run, meaning schedules and charts, and what we will commit time and money to in the way of extra-curricular activities.

We have been getting up early (like 5 am! yuck! ) and playing outside alot. We are in a summer book club through the library that we go to with our homeschool friends, and we go to homeschool park day once a week. Pictures soon---
Bye for now

3 comments:

Barbnocity said...

Hi, Housefairy! I am so glad your summer is going well!!! I, too, look forward to the days you speak of. I keep telling myself, one more year!!! Argh!!!! right now I am still just trying to get through each day....one more year!!!!

I hope we can get together soon. Simon misses his *cousins* :)

Post pics!!! We want pics!! I miss your blue hair!!

:)

Housefairy said...

My blue hair is sadly long gone. *SNIFF*

But my camera has batteries again and I will start taking some, ok?

Hang in there with your year. I have been there, with many mnay years that seem like they were lost. The kids do absolutely fine, in spite of our guilt and fears.

Kelley said...

Woohoo! You go, girl! We are just starting into the home-schooling thing, and I hope we can get our days as smooth as this, eventually.