Thursday, August 21, 2008

Maybe I could Homeschool IF...: )

Some of the amenities that the schoolteachers have sound mighty scrumptious to me. Let me give you an example or two! Please enjoy this silly little passage and know that I know how hard teachers really work, etc.


Maybe I could homeschool IF:

The kids all showed up at 8 am, already fed, already dressed, some other poor soul left to deal with puddles of maple syrup, dripping milk, bubbly toothbrushes, little mixed up socks, and a tipped-over shoe basket.

There was a lunchtime, and it didn't involve me whatsoever, some other poor soul left to deal with food allergies, picky eaters, ketchup blobs, cut off my crusts, scooby-doo macaroni in the treads of their shoes.

Nobody would call me at my "job", no pals no solicitors no disgruntled family members...nor would I be expected to pay bills, call the electric company, fix the television, wipe someone's bottom, or change one single diaper. That's what my assistant would be for.

All the little darlings would leave at 3pm. No need to describe that one. Bye!!!! See ya next time!!

And then, what I really really love to envision: My Own Lesson Planning Quiet Time. Ahhhh, yes, the quiet sunny empty classroom, my desk, my chair, my respected and real alone-time, and not at 11pm with a baby hanging off my breast, but right there, at 3pm.

(Janitor cleans the schoolroom. Lets not forget that one.)

: P

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Yes, that would make it easier. :) Of course, I wouldn't want to be in charge of 20+ kids all day, either. I'd go nuts!

Judit said...

but that's just IT, Kelley -- my child's teachers know him as a perfectly behaved cooperative young gentleman at school. Go figure!