Friday, January 26, 2007

School and sledding


We have been babysitting again this week, but I am used to it now---besides the fact that the only little chunck of sparetime I get for relaxing, blogging or cleaning are gone, having another baby here is OK.

We have been doing more and more worksheet type stuff on Enchanted Learning, this week was more French, more arithmetic, and finishing up some crafts that have been half finished. The kids have been playing their videogames as a number one choice for free time, over spongebob or anything---Mickey is advancing on his Pokemon, and his racing games, and Greta is doing Pokemon Colleseum along with typing more in her story she is working on.

We did some "Bell Curve" experiements with 100 dice rolls and they helped me write a grocery list and menu.

It has finally snowed here, and so we went sledding Wednesday night in the pitch dark of our favorite park, and to say it was a BLAST would be an insulting understatement to the magical evening.

Sometimes when you are having a really special and genuine life experience, cool stuff comes out of your mind and through your mouth. So many came out that night that I tried to remember much of them. Here are some QUOTES from the children while we were sledding that night.

Casey: I love trees so much. Trees love children and they always live here. Trees are so so so big, bigger than Dada. I love this park so much. Can we sleep in the snow?

Mickey: I love our life, Mama. I love to be alive. I have never had so much fun, ever. This is my favorite day of my life.

Greta: Look at all those cars. They don't even know we are in here (the park). People are so busy, they are too busy to wonder. Too busy to wonder about anything. And then they wonder why they are so sad. I think little kids are gullable, but I am not anymore. i am formed now. If I went to school, I would be okay. I wouldn't be all like I have to love Barbie. I want to show people that frogs and bugs are for everyone, not just boys. But I still would rather learn outside than in a building. I think little kids don't know who their parents are, they dont know if it is the TV, the kids at school, or the teacher or their Mom and Dad. They dont know right and wrong, but I do. I wouldnt do something bad just because some kid told me to. But littler kids might. They shouldn't go to school until they are formed, you know, like they are solid.


Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Barbnocity said...

Hi, Housefairy!! What a great post!! Your kids have me tearing up here--they are such cool kids!!! Simon (and the rest of us) can't wait to see you guys soon!!!

BTW--Simon has decided that Greta and Mickey are his "cousins" now.

Housefairy said...

Awesome, thank you! We would love to be honorary cousins to dear Simon--and are definately coming to the party (so I guess that was my RSVP)

Sledding was so fun, I thought Casey was gonna be too little but he was the bravest one! Lets go sometime?

Amanda said...

I think you did a great job of capturing how special the night was for you all. The quotes from the kids really show just how great they are and what a great job you and steve are doing with them.

While honorary family titles are being handed out, I toss my hat in the ring for the 'aunt' position!

Housefairy said...

Gosh, I am so happy to have all of you as a family, seriously.

The night was so intense, but I sometimes feel like people will hardly believe me if I try to tell it all. Perhaps I am in a place in my life where meaning and symbolism are dripping from every angle, but I tell you, literary quotes from people such as Henry Miller, Walt Whitman, and Jon Holt were hurdling at me with every face-full of snow. It was absolute heaven. We heard an OWL. I swear. If Casey's wrists hadnt gotten too cold, I do not know how long we would have stayed, maybe past midnight.

Sgt Howie said...

Loved that post- choked me up a bit. Your kids are too cool.

Barbnocity said...

Hi, Housefairy!

So glad you guys are coming to the party!!! Yay!!! Simon is so excited!!

Amanda--we will adopt you as "auntie Amanda" too, if you don't mind!!!

:) Barbnocity