Friday, January 12, 2007

very sad news

Today we do not get to go to Campfire Scouts, as our minivan is dead. I blew the transmission or something. I am a leader and I can't go. I am really upset about this.


We are looking to get a little church bus type of VAN-van with our tax return, if we get a tax return. We are looking at Ford Clubwagons and Chevy Expresses. It would have to be around 2 or 3 thousand bucks, and again, that is IF we get money back. It would be great to have four kids and their bikes and strollers and even a pal or two to fit in the new van....I feel like an adulteress even talking about a "new van". Poor Poor Vanny, so cool with her bumper stickers.....

I cannot even begin to say how sad and bad this is for me and us and homeschool. Plus I never ever wanted our BELOVED minivan to "go out" like this.

More to come....but this morning we are going to do our activity we had planned for Campfire (which I wrote) and learn more about Time Zones and Area Codes and Zip Codes.


1 comment:

Wedgehead said...

That is indeed sad news. If I had a million dollars, I'd give you some. Can Steve possibly lease a new wagon or something from his dealership? Leasing can get you a really low payment, compared to buying, but you do need full coverage, which can off-set. Does Volvo even sell minivans? My heart wishes you a speedy and economically advantageous outcome