Wednesday, January 31, 2007

bye bye babysitting!



Today is our last day of babysitting my niece, Ava, so we are doing "just books" today. We have had too many tussles and tears (sometimes mine!) trying to do too much when she is here--and it isnt that she is "bad", its that it is all really insane. She cries, then Charlie cries, then she needs a bottle then he wants to nurse, then Casey dissapears for a looong time into the bathroom to do wierd bad stuff with soap and makeup and electricity, then Mickey begs for snacks, then Greta is pouting that no one even cares about her drawing....then Ava poops then Charlie poops but it didnt stay in the diaper, at all, so bath time, excpet Casey wants one too, do we have that many dry towels? Why is Mickey crying? Oh my god Steve is here for lunch--except ummm tee hee sorta forgot to make lunch for 7 people, too busy with poo-baths..... and don't get me started on musical naptime crib rotation!


Its too hard.


Wwe are watching little movies about clouds on Cosmeo and doing Dinosaur spelling, making times tables, calendars, watching History of Valentines Day, and How They Make Straws....but I still dont like how crabby and hectic it has made me, so today---just books. Story books. Fairy Tales, the good old scary kind. I am all for these archetypes of good and evil and the kids LOVE them. It is something I can do with one hand on the one baby's bottle and one hand keeping Charlie where he needs to be. I usually need a kid to hold the book for me but hey thats not too much to ask when you get such a nice colorful dramatic listening experience!

For the rest of today, maybe they will be doing a little more leveling-up of their pokemon than usual, but hey, its all good.

No comments: