Monday, April 9, 2007

35 dollars a day

Today, I decided to spend my 50 bucks from my grandma on some new school stuff. We went to WalMart and this is what we got:

3 boxes of 96 crayolas
3 new scissors with chubby rubber grips
3 new rolls of tape
3 new packs of watercolor paint
500 pack of construction paper
4 pack of big wipeable bibs
1 digital/analog watch for Mickey
1 digital watch for Casey
1 clip on lamp for Greta's head of her bed for late night Harry Potter reading sessions
hot wheels cereal
fruit punch

We had SUCH a nice day, so smooth, so happy, that I started thinking....I got that much stuff for that little of money....and Casey was so good and happy and cheerful and articulate and funny and kind and normal and enjoyable....what could I do with all the money I am planning on spending on his suppossed new daycare he is suppossedly going to go to soon? This place is 35 dollars a day (which is verrry cheap compared to anything I have found around here---this is fullday, and they cook and serve the lunches and snacks)...but can you even begin to imagine what I could buy wth SEVENTY bucks a week? This takes "cool playdoh" to new levels. This takes museums and movies and memberships and day trips to new heights. This makes doll hospital and art supply stores and private lessons and special classes very, very within reach. If we really did have 35 dollars a day, twice a week, to spend on shipping our son away with all the kids whose moms are at work, why couldnt we have this money to BUY fun stuff, cool stuff, interesting stuff, science kits and outdoor rip-line rides, trampolines and waterslides, hotels, am I wrong? Glitter glue? Make your own super fun thingy ma bob? THIRTY FIVE BUCKS a DAY Earmarked for Casey?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments: