Friday, April 20, 2007

They got to go!

Greta and Mickey got to go to the Campfire Scouts field trip today, after all! I was allowed to drop them off at the nature center, drive around for an hour and a half with my niece, Casey, and Charlie, and then go pick them up. I am too sick to do a big field trip but not too sick to drive around : )

They said they had alot of fun, learned a few new flowers such a Trout Lily and MayApple, and saw several red-bellied woodpeckers up close!

Greta felt as if the tour guide fellow was getting annoyed that she knew "all the answers" and I told her I totally understood (having spent many hours out "in the hall" as a young girl for being smart/not being silent) but that we must let others answer some questions, too.

Now it is really warm, about 70, and so Casey, Mickey, and Greta are outside making mud in my mixing bowls and having some more good fresh sunshine and air while my niece and Charlie play with little cars and stuffed animals. They are such good friends! I have NEVEr seen 2 one year olds actually play together---not parallel play, where 2 kids hang out side by side but do their own thing...but play together! Really really cute and sweet. So I write a blog entry and pick up kleenexes from everywhere and drink more hot tea.

No comments: