Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday


We had fun this morning with baking soda, vinegar and old pennies. Casey got one from 1985 and one from 2004 realy really clean! then he did alot of soap shining of them, etc. It was nice. We are still sick, me mostly, which is rediculous and frustrating, and it is also still winter weather so the sensation of looong winter is still very much with us.


When will be jaunting outside again? When will we be running up to the parks and nature centers and stores without 8 mittens 5 hats 5 coats, carseats that wont buckle right over the puffy coats, piles of outerwear exploding out of the front closet just cuz we ran out of eggs or bread? Hopefully soon!


In other news, it is public school's spring break right now---so we got to spend the day Wednesday with some old friends from the Grosse Pointe days---the girl is 10, the boy is 7 and the baby is 2--and I love the mom dearly, we reallt always hit it off....the fact that between us we have 7 children and we got to gossip and hang out for hours was a great sign of some well behaved children that really clicked. We are going to try to get together monthly with them.


Then yesterday we drove back to the old neighborhood to pick up M, one of our old friends. We brought her back to our house and she stayed until 830 at night then I drove her back home. 84 miles all together---but worth it. We had a blast, fun pasta dinner, ice cream, we showed her Maple Story online and she showed us Club Penguin...she is 12 but over here, she is good old M, and she was savvy enough to save all her "teen" stories for me on the ride home. (nothin too risque, but pretty amusing stuff about so-and-so kissed so-and-so, and some gilrs are "sabotaging" ( ! ) her at school, etc---when we got passed by a crazy driver, she screamed "nice driving, butt munch!" something she would never say in front of the kids...we laughed...)


Today there was a field trip to a nature center for campfire scouts, but I think it is too cold for Charlie to be in a stroller when it is 35 degrees. Lately I have been feeling like I cant do campfire scouts because I dont have anyone to help me with Charlie. Its almost over for the summer anyhow so we'll see....


Next week I am babysitting my 11 month old niece, so I am sure there will be new adventures to write about!

No comments: