Monday, September 24, 2007

Cold season already :(

The beebee's are sick!
This weekend, I started to feel a little tickle in my throat, but tried to blow it off...but then I got the thing where you feel all hot and exhausted when you do anything, andI thought "oh boy".

Today, Greta and Mickey are flat-out on the couch with sore throats and fevers, and Charlie has a boogery nose and a pale watery looking face. Casey is fine so far, and so my decision for us to not go to the Campfire scouts' field trip made him really mad. Apparantly compassion and empathy for others are not hallmarks of being 4 years old. I feel so bad about leaving my friend Trish to lead the entire little kid's group, but it is 84 degrees out and being out in the summer hot sun all sick sounds like total hell for them and for me. It was going to be a really cool trip, too.

So, today we are resting. Well, the kids are. It is nice for me since they are staying put on the couch, I am cleaning like a madwoman ;) Well, kind of--in between fetching popsicles and ice waters and tissues and blankies and motrins...Im so happy to have them all laying still that I don't mind one bit. Sorry if that sounds terrible, but since they don't seem to have anything dangerous, I just have to be honest.

3 comments:

Sgt Howie said...

Hope everyone is better soon!

Trish said...

I admit that I feel the same way when the kids are mildly sick and quiet enough that I can get some stuff done without them undoing it while I go!

The field trip really did turn out so nice (a bit warm, but not horrible in the shade of the woods) - all those worries I had turned into nothing. It was laid back and really cool. We missed you guys :-(

Well -- get better quick!!!!

Kelley said...

Ugh, I'm sorry you are sick. And I'm sorry that your weather is not cooperating. I agree - the end of September should be cooling-off time. We shouldn't still be mimicing August right now. It's been hot here, too. Ugh.