Thursday, September 6, 2007

FTF Day

Blankets are all ready....

Tomorrow is French Toast Fort Day.

This is a new-ish tradition that started out being just a day we had early this summer where we just so happened to have French Toast and make forts all over the living room. The kids called it FrenchToastFort day and asked "can we do this every Friday?" Casey especially. I told them maybe and then we never did it again.

So....
tomorrow it is. I even got real maple syrup and whole grain bread.

I think it will be in the morning. There is no huge difference really, it is me making breakfast and them playing happily...I hope.

I remember the first time they pushed the couches out and under them was so much horrifying filth that I ended up sweeping and mopping and that was cool--but I did this recently enough that if indeed couches are moved, it will be ok.

I hope they all have fun and that they aren't all freaky and screaming at baby Charlie to not wreck the forts...it really hurts his feelings, plus why should he be banished all morning and have to sleep all afternoon? That's mean.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Very, very cool. We'll have to come up with something like that SOON. Very cool!

Trish said...

Sounds like much fun! You know, I haven't made french toast in so long - I need to do that soon. Yum.