Monday, October 13, 2008

so far, cool

OOH I forgot to tell you!
I dropped off a letter sealed in an envelope to the Principal's mailbox Friday. It was extremely succinct and basically said Casey will no longer be attending ___elementary for the 2008-2009 schoolyear, we have made alternate arrangements for his education. Signed, Joy and Steve...

He called today and left a neutral sounding message, just wanted to "touch base". Then I called him back, and was happy to play phone tag and get HIS voicemail, to which I left a cheery message thanking him for calling and then I just spat out some little thing about we like your school but we have found something that we feel is more appropriate for Casey--click--
I wonder if there will be anymore "fallout"? I don't have to walk up there anymore so I can kind of "hide"...the neighbors haven't found out yet....I'm just not in the mood to retell the (non) "story" everyday you know? I am sure there will be some stuff to come but so far smooth sailing :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy!
Just so you know, I almost never read your blog but I've been wondering how you've been doing and have been meaning to stop by with some poppyseed baked goods. Your voice is so strong in your blog--wow! It sounds like you've been way down and I'm so sorry about that, but, curiously, it sounds like it's starting to straighten out! Would you like to get together with us sometime? Either ditch your house for a visit or we can meet somewhere local if you need to be within walking distance of home, etc. I think Casey and Anthony hit it off well last time we saw you and Anthony sure needs someone to boy around with. LMK, I don't have your address or your phone #. At least drop a line and tell me you're ok--but only if you have the time, on second thought. Amy