Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday School: F, white, and diamond

Wednesday we did the letter Ff and the color white and the shape diamond. We had plans for a visit which got cancelled and so it was a rather quiet day. Eska was fussy, she is getting a tooth soon, and so we had to bring her on the color walk, in the baby sling, which hurt my back and front and everything else. I couldn't push the stroller and write the things we saw, so I got the "cute" idea to wear her in a sling. Well, it turns out that there is so much white that I ended up just making little tally marks and you will never believe how many white things we found: 216! For real! It was amazing.

I read the boys a very cool book called How To Dig a Hole To The Other Side of The Earth and they wanted to go try and I aid yes. cool mom, huh? Well it was very hard digging in our yard and very very cold, but they had fun and it was a nice day.

I took Greta and Eska to the little local library in the evening to do homework in quiet. We thought they were open till 9 but it was only open till 8 so we didnt get long. I checked out some little puberty book and was gonna give it a peruse and then share it with Greta and Mickey but OH MY GOD this thing was really out there! I have alot of issues to overcome, I guess but this thing was absolutely nasty and tacky and crude with its ugly cartoons. I am so glad I read it first. There is a definite need on the market for a nice how we grow book that isnt all about hellfire and damnation nor is it chock full of disturbing, ugly 1980's cartoons that look like something out of Mad magazine or playboy. I was very grossed out by this book, the whole thing. Disappointing. We might have to continue tackling subjects without a book. No biggie. yuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the baby sling! I had my son by c-section 3 months ago and, while I feel strong and healed in all other ways, my back is killing me! I've been doing strengthening exercises and going to a chiropractor, but it's just not getting better. I finally had to make a resolution: I WILL NOT attempt to put the baby in a sling (not even for five minutes while I'm trying to fix myself some lunch and he just wants to be held) until my back is completely healed. If I can stick to this, I will reward myself with a trip to the fabric store to shop for some pretty fabric for a wrap once my back is strong enough to wear him again.

Housefairy said...

ah yes, the back pain. they say it is from adhesions of our insides to our back muscles and the uterus growing into the intestinal wall and pulling....Lovely : (

I am so sorry you are also going through this.