Friday, May 25, 2007

Girl Scouts today

Today Greta got to go to her Girls Scouts End of the year extravaganza. They take all the profits from their cookies sales and go on a special trip. Last year it was Binder Park Zoo in Kalamazoo, with water park hotel!!! This year was somewhat more low-key but nevertheless, they had a blast.



I dropped her off at 10:30 this morning to a bowling alley, where they were going to bowl 2 games, and then from bowling they got shuttled via different leaders' cars to Dave and Busters. LUCKY! She had never been there before and we told her how cool it was---she got home and told us we were right! She won all sorts of gifts and prizes for her brothers and herself (she always remembers to get them something when she goes out by herself) and was all worn out and happy. She even bowled the best game of all the girls---110 points! Better than I could do, I'm sure!

Her best friend from Girl Scouts is the leader's daughter, and they offered to drive Greta home today from it all--which is not on the way at all, so I really appreciated it. She is an only child, and the mom is always saying she can't imagine having to tote 3 little brothers around during naptimes---she is a saint!

In the car this morning Greta wanted to take a picture and here it is. No soft filter no adjusting the brightness and the contrast and the red/green, no over or under exposure --nothing. (I told you I was addicted to fiddling with pictures)
Probably the only pic of me with this hair I will ever like, but Greta just looks so happy, and I just love it. *sniff* My baby girl.




Girl Scouts is done for the summer, now, and I am glad. It is a major pain in the bum to take her out there (20 miles northeast) but I know she loves it and by fall it should be even easier to find something to do for 2 hours with the boys maturing and such. Thank you to everyone who bought cookies, you made her fun day possible!

No comments: