Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bikin' guy now!


Last Wednesday night, as I was on my way out the door for my Mom's birthday dinner get-together, Mickey said to me, "Mama! I can ride my bike for like 2 minutes!"


I must admit, that I thought maybe he didn't quite grasp how long two minutes was, but of course, I came out to see him...HE WAS NOT KIDDING! HE CAN TOTALLY RIDE A 2 WHEELER NOW!


He got his new bike with his birthday money and it had training wheels on it, and he wanted them off and I thought that it was going to equal one thing: no more biking. Or me running him up and down the sidewalk while bent over in the 90+ degree heat (every parent's FAVORITE, right?)


But I was wrong!

He totally rides now. His best friend is a super biking guy and he wanted to be like him! And he did it!

We brought his bike to Homeschool park day and he barrelled all over the place, in the grass, on the baseball diamond, over rocks and sticks and sand.

Good Job, Mickey!!!! You're awesome!

1 comment:

Trish said...

SOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!!!

He looks like such a BIG KID on that bike!!

:-)