Wednesday, August 1, 2007

more death

Pippi, our littlest bunny has died this morning.
No I am not kidding.
Greta and I played with them for an hour and a half last night out in the grass, returning them to their freshly cleaned cage with Timothy Hay, pellets, fresh cold water, and an apple.

Dead
no warning

The rabbits shared greens with the lizard, so I threw those greens away just now, wondering if somehow there was a connection. They look fresh and fine, but I threw them away. The 2 living rabbits are in the living room with me, and I am staring them down all day. They seem hippety hop cheerful, if they miss their brother, I cannot tell. Iwill sleep with them tonight next to my bed. No one else is droppin dead on my watch.

Saddest rediculousness.

5 comments:

kris said...

ohmygosh! i am so sorry that happened. maybe a pesticide on the greens or something?? that's horrible, i hope your kids are making it through this ok..

Barbnocity said...

OMG!!! I am so sorry!! Is everyone ok? So sad!!! I am so behind on reading your posts but I just saw this one and the previous one!! I remember house-sitting for someone with a bird that died while they were on vacation--I did everything--even took the bird to the vet...so sorry...so freaky!!!

Hugs to you guys!!!

Barbnocity

Unknown said...

I worry that the little boys will feel incapable of attaching to an animal, for fear of it keeling over instantly.
Pretty much how I feel today...

Bunnies seem great right now. All frogs accounted for. Sigh.

Trish said...

Oh, Joy, it's like you're living in a nightmare with these animals!

I know you take such good care of those bun-buns! How sad. Maybe he was so small because he was just a sick bunny.

I'm so sorry you're going through this!

Big hugs!

Kelley said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Joy. Ugghh! I'm glad to hear the other creatures are doing well.