Wednesday, July 11, 2007

home alone time





Yesterday the craft at the library was "Flight". the kids could choose between airplane, Pinwheel and/or kite making. I was crabby and hot and exhausted, and Charlie cried almost the whole time we were there, unless he was running away or destroying everyone else's crafts. But despite me being badcrossmommy, I think the older kids had fun.


My mood went downhill in the car, if that is possible, and I was nearly despondent by the time we pulled in to Steve's work to pick him up. Steve, being both a hero and a saint, and a wise man, decided that perhaps dropping me off at home and he and the children continuing on in the car would be best. What a perfect idea! I have only been home alone here a handful of times, and it is bliss. So sad how I try to "go out" find somewhere to use a quiet computer, have a little sandwhich, relax, read, think. Why not at home? Well, usually, because there are 4 kids here and by the time they are in bed, I am mentally done done done and can only perform physical labor such as scrubbing and washing, never brainstorming, writing, planning.




I was not sure where they were going, and I only hoped they stayed gone a while :) I made myself a quesadilla, drank about a gallon of water, took a B vitamin, and read one of my books from the library. It was dumb, and I knew I had a choice: get to work on redoing the dining room, like I have wanted to for weeks now, or rest and watch TV and most likely regret it.


In about 60 minutes I did the following:

Moved an 8 person table into the kitchen

Took apart a big table to get it into the dining room

Emptied and moved 4 bookshelves

Moved a love seat from the playroom into the dining room

Took a big rug outside, shook it and beat it and moved it into the dining room

Set up lights and music

Cleaned the room

Hung a mirror

Put up a wall map


Then they came in with a big surprise for me! Wal-Mart already is doing their insane school supplies sale that I have been talking about looking forward to, and they bought TONS of crayons, markers, glue and glue sticks! The glue was 20 cents, the crayons were 20 cents, and the markers were 88 cents. LOVE IT!!!! I was so happy. They couldn't believe the room, and then it was bedtime for them! Too, too cool.


We are having horrible times with Charlie at night again, and Steve helped me deal with him last night alot as we re-train him to not wake up every 3 hours (or less!) and I feel somewhat less evil and dizzy and tired today, but it will take time. I don't want to be so exhausted, it is torture.

Mickey snapped this picture today of me eating a muffin and Charlie picking his nose. But get beyond that and HOLY CRIPEs, is it just me, or is he HUGE? I am just so used to him, he is my little 1 and a half year old baby, but this picture for some reason made me do a double take!
Maybe he won't sleep because he is having a growth spurt--hahaha

6 comments:

Trish said...

I'm so glad you got that time to yourself!!!!!!!

The dining room (now you need a new name for it) looks so awesome! Thanks for the heads-up about WalMart's school sale! LOVE IT!

See you at the park!

Housefairy said...

Thank you, Trish! You got to see me in my evil form at the library...SO ASHAMED...

I cant wait for you to see the room! It is really cool if I do say so. We are willing to eat all crammed in the kitchen to have the cool "school room" that I always wanted.
:D

Sgt Howie said...

Holy cripes, I always forget Charlie is so young. That boy is huge!

Housefairy said...

Truly, humungous! Like some 5 year old with a baby head.

Maybe he really will be a mega giant and we will look at these pics and crack up.

Kelley said...

Great room! Good job! Thanks for the heads-up on Wal-mart.

Unknown said...

Thank you Kelley!
Yes, Wal-Mart really does hook up the school sales...its scary how cheap it all was.