Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mottos


Years ago, in an attempt to clarify what was expected of little Greta, I came up with a simple concept. It was an answer to various question such as What are our hands for? and What should we do with our days? and What must we strive to be doing?


Making,

Helping,

and

Working.


We have little hand gestures for making, helping, and working as well.


Some time after, we came up with a constrasting list of 3 things we must not do:


No Hurting,

Wrecking,

or

Wasting.


Do you have a motto for your home? Perhaps you could make one up, or adopt ours. It was rather difficult to narrow down all of the world's goodness and badness and come up with a list of 3 things, but I thought, and still do, that 3 words were enough. Now I see that there is a clear idea of creation versus destruction in the 2 lists, and I am way cool with that.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Very cool. I love your lists ... you're right, 3 words are enough!

Housefairy said...

Thanks!
I love the 3 rules because I need to follow them as much as they do.