Friday, March 16, 2007

9 year old park thoughts

At our trip to the park Wednesday, Greta was looking quiet and thoughtful, which is what "9" is about apparantly. 8 was about boogers and passing gas and pretty much 24/7 jokes so this is new and interesting.

So, as I try not to do so much, I asked her "is everything ok?" and she simply said "Mama--whats it called, those ladies that couldnt vote and stuff?"

I was like "Suffrage? Womens rights? "

And she said "no....like whats the word for people who want to help girls and ladies to get to do whatever they want and not have to just like dumb stuff?"

"I guess feminism? Yeah, honey, feminism. It is a word that has alot of meanings but it is pretty much the idea that women are not lesser than men."

"Cool. Can I write a blog? About how Pokemon helps my feminism?"

"Of course!" (me getting all excited about her having a new blog of her own, the colors, the fonts...)

"I want to write on your blog though. I am not ready for my own blog. I made an email and I don't use it, and I already feel bad about that-- so I don't want my own blog just yet."

Ok!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So if your child outgrows spazzing and farting and torturing you with jumping and hopping and breaking and spinning and spilling, they just might be entering into the new arena of thoughts! I think it's keen.

No comments: