Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fresh fresh air





A roll of packing tape--$1
An hour of peace and fun--$1











Near the end of the park trip, due to three miracles (me marrying an angel, cell phones, and the aforementioned angel working 3 minutes from home) Dada came and saw us and brought me coffee and the kids donut balls. You'll be surprised to learn that these are not called Apples by baby Charlie, but rather, "Ball-ball". Go figure.





Mickey let me use his telescope to see the Red-Winged Blackbird...

















Buzzing and warped without my coffee...this one was early early this morning






Well you aren't gonna find any posts on here today about spelling words or historical dates, dividends or pronouns, and if I have to tell you why then you are a demented fiend. It is warm out, really really warm out and so we did what was right and good and sane and sound.






Heres some pics of our day today. perhaps I will have some amazing deep insights into the history of education in a few weeks, or more lists of what we learned, etc. But this is the reality of our Wednesday and I hope it makes you feel like you were there with us. Love and hugs to everyone who reads this blog with a supportive and encouraging heart-- and keep on reading because I'm going to be writing more than ever in a few more days...promise! Ive had a very hard couple of days and I am just trying to hang out, breathe fresh air, literally and figuratively, and cheer up for everyone's sake!

5 comments:

Hawksbill said...

We're so jealous. We would have loved to have taken the kids outside the last couple of days... to enjoy the warmth and sunshine and whatnot... but they were too busy coughing up their lungs.

Three times this year both of them have been sick, once per month. Such a freakin' drag.

But, we enjoyed your trip vicariously through the pix. :)

Oh, and great idea with the packing tape. I bet Gwen would stop breaking everything around the house if we taped her up like Casey was. I wonder if they sell little handcuffs for 2 year olds.

Barbnocity said...

Oh, what great pics!!!

But could you explain to me all this snow on the ground today????

:) Barb

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA it was scary how much better Casey was while completely taped shut! I had no idea they were doing this, but wow how come I never thought of it?

We really had a nice time, and im happy the pictures are appreciated. Im so sorry the kids are sick--we are usually sick from October-Feb. (5 months!!!) So hideous.

Baby handcuffs, baby packing tape, all could be presented as some kind of fun-timey doctor kit, perhaps? Im tellin' ya, nothing got broken for an HOUR.

Housefairy said...

HAHAHAHA it was scary how much better Casey was while completely taped shut! I had no idea they were doing this, but wow how come I never thought of it?

We really had a nice time, and im happy the pictures are appreciated. Im so sorry the kids are sick--we are usually sick from October-Feb. (5 months!!!) So hideous.

Baby handcuffs, baby packing tape, all could be presented as some kind of fun-timey doctor kit, perhaps? Im tellin' ya, nothing got broken for an HOUR.

Sgt Howie said...

That pic of Charlie in his little sweater- I am dead from the cute!